New Orleans Workers’ Compensation Attorney
Injured on the Job? Our Law Firm Can Help You Recover the Benefits You Deserve
Recovery for a worker injured on the job can sometimes be set back by workers’ compensation rules and regulations. Generally, when you are injured on the job, you are entitled to workers’ compensation benefits. This can include payment of medical expenses and lost wage benefits.
Job-related injuries can be caused by:
- A single event like a slip and fall or an injury from lifting a heavy object
- A repetitive stress injury such as carpal tunnel syndrome
- A work-related illness such as mesothelioma
Whatever the cause of your workplace injury, you may need legal assistance to get the benefits you are entitled to receive.
Unfortunately, there are often issues related to obtaining those benefits. These issues can be resolved when you get help from an experienced New Orleans workers’ compensation attorney.
Some of the most common worker’s compensation issues include:
They also kept me updated with all of the information that was going on with my case. They were very accurate on everything that they did, and at the same time, they always kept a smile on their face, which made me feel very comfortable. So I really appreciate my attorney and the people that work with him.
Workers’ Compensation and Discrimination
While many workers’ compensation claims are filed with the full cooperation of an employer, sometimes an employer seeks to cut company losses following a workplace accident. Some of the more common types of workers’ compensation discrimination include:
- An employer who terminates an employee after the employee files a workers’ compensation claim
- An employer who rejects or interferes with the process of a workers’ compensation claim filing
- An employer who threatens or discourages an employee from filing a legitimate workers’ compensation claim
- An employer who reduces the wages or demotes an employee after the employee files a workers’ compensation claim
If your employer begins treating you differently as soon as you file a workers’ compensation claim, it is important that you speak to a knowledgeable work injury lawyer as quickly as possible.
Employer Denied Benefits
An employer may deny benefits for a work-related accident with injuries. The reasons for such a denial could include:
- Your employer does not want the company’s workers’ comp premiums to increase
- Your employer does not believe your injuries are as severe as you claim
- Your employer does not believe your injuries are work-related
- Your employer does not believe your injuries warrant you taking time off from work
If your employer has denied your legitimate workers’ compensation claim, you can get help from a New Orleans workers’ compensation lawyer.
Getting Help for Your Workers’ Compensation Claim
If you have run into any of the issues that have been listed so far or other workers’ compensation-related issues, talk to an experienced work injury lawyer. It can be very beneficial to have an experienced workers’ compensation attorney by your side from the start of the process to the end.
Need Help? Contact Our New Orleans Workers’ Compensation Attorney
At Mitchell & Associates, APLC, our Louisiana workers’ compensation lawyers understand the issues and complications injured workers face when collecting benefits. That is why we work aggressively for all our injured clients. We can help you get the benefits you are entitled to after a serious workplace accident. Call us at (504) 226-6530 for a free initial consultation.